Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Starting a Garden Blog

This blog is a diary of what is growing in our first vegetable garden. The name Surprise Garden came after I had absentmindedly left my seed packets out by the garden to run inside. It started to rain very hard and I forgot about the seeds. Two days later, after the rain had finally stopped, I went outside to find **ALL** my seeds soaking at the bottom of the container which was filled with several inches of rain water.



Instead of crying over wasted seeds, my oldest daughter and I decided to salvage what we could by sorting the seeds as best we could and then planting them into open spots in our two raised beds.



Consequently, the order and plans of my garden changed, however I told my children that when the seeds sprout we would have a positive attitude with our surprise garden.

No comments: