Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Bed -- Seeing Results

I was worried that I would do all the work it takes to start a vegetable garden, but nothing would grow. Thankfully, everything planted is growing quite well, especially for this first time gardener! The radishes are keeping us busy. So far, I have planted three packages. Nothing like a first timer to get overly excited about a seed packet. No, I didn't plant them all at once, but every two days or so, for several weeks, I would stick a few radish seeds in the ground. So much so, that I almost named this blog Seeds in My Pocket or Radish Seeds in My Pocket.


My youngest daughter, who is 18 months old, checks the garden with me every day. Ok, we check several times each day. She enjoys looking for results as much as I do. One of her first stops is at the bell peppers. There was so much excitement about the three bell peppers growing. She must have been a little too excited because I turned my back, and she handed me one!! Ooooops. Well, I could look forward to the other 8 that we flowering. Nope. She yanked everyone of them as well. So, now I have to guard the two bell peppers that are left.

The sweet peas started blooming a few days ago, and we have a few peas to pick.

Only have one tomato so far, but it receives plenty of attention from my little girl.

No comments: